Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Godiva Truffles!

You'll soon come to learn that we LOVE going to chain restaurants and stores when they offer limited edition products and flavors.  Today, we stopped in at Godiva Chocolatier for some of their recent additions.

Dulce:
My pick was the Pistachio.  I was anticipating a strong pistachio flavor as all of their nut flavors tend to be very bold.  However, to my surprise it was very mild and smooth.  I personally could've used a bit more punch in the flavor or even perhaps some crunch....after all it is a nut....PB and I then split a Banana Split.  Wonderful dual flavor with a creamy banana filling and a berry ganache!  My personal winner of the day!  Scale on the pistachio is a 6.5.  Not close to the other nut truffles in their selection.  Scale on Banana Split is a 8.5.  Definitely one of their seasonal winners!

PB:
I totally agree.  The Banana Split was by far the hit of the day. So, creamy and a perfect blend of flavors.  I'd scale it a solid 9.  But I can't forget my personal selection, the Black Raspberry.  It was very good and a perfect raspberry flavor inside a delicious chocolate shell.  I'm a big raspberry guy and this truffle didn't let me down.  While it wasn't close to the Banana Split, I'd scale it a 7.5 and one that I'd enjoy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment