Saturday, June 25, 2011

Doc's Kitchen, Denville, NJ

There's nothing fancy about this loud and homey neighborhood gem.  The joint is small with booths lining the room and a mismatch of tables and chairs filling in the center.  We heard some great things from friends about this place and finally decided to give it try.  We both opted for their breakfast on this dreary lunch rush.

Dulce:
I order the Florentine omelette with roasted vegetables and buttered multigrain toast.  The omelette was filled with fresh spinach, mushrooms and swiss cheese.  Every bite had a ton of each ingredient!  The only downside was it did need a bit of salt and pepper as there was not much seasoning at all.  The roasted vegetables on the other hand were packed with great flavor and cooked crispy.  The toast was very filling and dense, but tasty nonetheless.  I give the overall experience a 6.5.  I would like to go back to try other dishes, but need to be in the mood for a rushed and loud dining experience.


PB:
While Dulce may have opted for the more sensible option, I opted for the Northwest Omelette.  This thing was so big it barely fit on the plate.  It was packed with Bacon, Peppers, Onions and Cheese.  It comes with Swiss, but as you'll find out, Swiss isn't high on my list of cheeses, so I opted for cheddar.  I must say, the flavor matched the size perfectly.  Each bite was packed with all of the ingredients and with a little salt and pepper, it made the perfect breakfast-for-lunch.  I had the home fries with rye toast and they added a great complement to the omelet itself.  While the service at Doc's wasn't stellar, the food was great and we'll most definitely be back.  I rate it a solid 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment