Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cha Cha Cha Bistro, Morristown, NJ

Perhaps we never noticed it because we are always on the other side of Washington Street at Tito's Burritos, but today we wandered across the street to the small eatery with a black awning that read Cha Cha Cha Bistro.  Inside it was small, but nicely decorated with exposed brick and various picture frames.  The menu was very enticing with various Cuban specialties.  Though we didn't have any, they did offer an array of Cuban soft drinks, smoothies and virgin sangria (you have to bring the wine).

Dulce:
I selected the Havana Steak Salad.  My plate was filled with this VERY hearty salad of mixed greens, marinated steak, avocado, mango, yucca "croutons" and coconut lime vinaigrette.  I added a few dashes of green chili sauce to add some bang and it was perfect.  Meat cooked perfectly and all other ingredients were fresh.  I would advise to put the sauce on the salad as it may tend to be more tangy with the coconut lime and mango.  PB and I also split a side of yucca fritas.  Unfortunately, these were cold and not very crispy.  However, the flavor was nice.  My scale is an 8.  Very tasty, friendly service and cozy atmosphere.


PB:
I ordered the Havana Steak Wrap.  So, basically Dulce and I had the same lunch.  Hers was on a bed of greens and mine was wrapped up.  But I must say, the flavor was really nice, especially after adding a little hot sauce.  It provided just the right kick.  The steak was cooked to perfection and the combination of meat and avocado was spot on.  I have grown to love yucca fries and they were the one reason why we chose Cha Cha Cha's.


However, I agree with Dulce, the yucca was a bit of a disappointment.  The flavor was great but they were cold and floppy.  Had they been served hot and actually been crispy, they would have been great.  Overall, my scale is an 8 and I am looking forward to our return trip to try other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment