Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Greek to Me, Clifton, NJ

Located in the new-ish and still growing Promenade Shops at Clifton on Route 3 West, this location of It's Greek to Me (9 are located all over NJ) has great decor and a friendly staff.

Dulce:  First off, I love Greek food!  So I do tend to be a little picky about some dishes....particularly my favorite - Spanakopita.   So that is exactly what I ordered with a side of Greek salad.  The spanakopita was very nicely made.  Fresh and crispy phyllo wrapped about chopped spinach with the right amount of feta and onions.  What made this extra special was the great blend of spices they added.  Sometimes other places tend to be too bland or too much parsley.  The salad was ok.  Pretty standard.  There was a bit more oil than I would have liked though.  But they were very generous with the cheese....so that made up for it!  My scale is a 7.  Solid Greek find.


PB:
I enjoy Greek food as well, maybe not as much as Dulce, but I do like it.  Normally I would tend to stick with something fairly safe or a good gyro, but I decided to try one of their lunch specials.  I had the Lamb Kokkinisto.  It was served over orzo with a cinnamon tomato sauce.  The description of the lunch special, didn't say anything about cinnamon, so that first bite was a bit of a surprise.  However, I must say, I loved it.  The lamb was cooked perfectly and the sauce had a great blend of cinnamon and nutmeg (or at least that's what Dulce said it was).  Either way, it had great flavor, good portion and plenty of lamb to balance the orzo.  All in all, it was a great lunch and my scale was a solid 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment