Monday, May 16, 2011

Cinnamon, Morris Plains, NJ

Located on Rt 10 in Morris Plains, Cinnamon is a GREAT find!  We had heard from many that they offer a wonderful Indian buffet for lunch....so of course we had to try it!  And they did not disappoint


Dulce:
With the many selections to choose from it was hard to put everything I wanted to try on one plate. But at the end of my trip down the buffet line, my plate was adorned with the basmati rice, chicken makani, vegetable korma, saag paneer and vegetable pakora with raita and naan to round out the meal.


PB:
I too had no room left on my plate but that's because, my plate was much more full than Dulce's.  That's why her plate ended up in the pic above and not mine. However, full plate or not, Cinnamon is a great buffet with a large selection of quality, flavorful and delicious foods.  In fact, Cinnamon was the first Indian restaurant I ever ate in and it didn't disappoint.


Dulce:
The pakora was nice and crispy and full of spice!  Chicken makani was great too, a little too tomatoey, but good none the less.  Saag paneer was awesome....how can you go wrong with cheese...as I said before....I'm a cheese person :) I LOVED the vegetable korma!  It would have been better if they had a chicken korma....but it was so good.  Korma is a curry dish made with yogurt, coconut milk, cumin, coriander and seed pastes.  The meats or vegetables are braised in the mixture at a low temp and for a longer period of time.  I have to admit I went back for seconds of this one!


PB:
As much as I loved the meal, the best part was the rice pudding.  Sweet, great texture and perfectly flavored.  It really was the perfect sweet to round out a wonderful meal.


Dulce:
I ended the meal with a wonderfully smooth rice pudding w/ cardamom (kheer) and some sweet and nutty gaja halva (sweet carrot pudding).  Yummy!  My scale is an 8!  Highly recommend!


PB:
As much as I hate to agree with Dulce, most of the time, I have to agree that Cinnamon is definitely an 8!  We will certainly be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment